Wednesday 9 November 2011

Paper experiments

I wanted to show the movement of the folds through rock using paper, so I decided to create a form that could be positioned in different ways. I used the same process to paint the paper as I did with my green painting in my starting point to my project, I wiped acrylic paint across the surface of the paper using cardboard, to make it appear like it is textured. I then pieced together the paper using staples, and covered all the flaps in staples to add more texture at both sight and touch. I also like the idea that I am representing the texture of rock with staples although one is man made and shiny, and the other is natural and dull.







These last few photos, the positions I have placed the piece's in have been inspired by the ammonites I photographed at Manchester Museum, an example of this is below. 








No comments:

Post a Comment