Saturday 19 November 2011

Conclusion to felt workshop

I chose this photo to work from as I like the marks, layers and different colours.




I made this expressive drawing with masking tape and oil pastels. I like the movement my marks have created, I also like the slight texture the masking tape has created. I then did rubbings of the masking tape with graphite, I like the marks this created.




I wanted to recreate the colours and marks from the photo using felt and machine stitching. I think the marks have worked effectively with the machine stitching as it is so layered and heavy giving it many dimensions. But I am unhappy with the felt as the colours look too heavy. 






These are small samples using a mixture of different threads and materials. I think these worked more effectively, a few were taken from another sample which I cut up as it wasn't effective at all.
















No comments:

Post a Comment