Friday 18 November 2011

Colour study using felt.

In our next class we were asked to choose colours from an object or photo and replicate these using wool, blended in the carders. I chose to replicate colours from this rock and then felt appropriate pieces out of the wool. 







These pieces were inspired by fold lines in cliff edges. I think the bottom piece works effectively as it gives a good representation of a cliff edge.




For this piece I decided to card fibres in with the felt and then stitch French knots back into the piece to resemble the crystals on this rock.

We were then taught how to make a felt ball, as I had already been taught this at A-level I wanted to experiment with putting different fibres and fabric in with my felt, and see how the different amounts of coloured felt would effect my outcome. My favourite ball I made was the purple one at the top because of how the plastic threads spike out of the soft felt.








No comments:

Post a Comment