Tuesday 15 November 2011

Ink drawings inspired by paper work.


For this piece I dipped my paper line into ink and spiralled it to see if the marks created would look like an ammonite. It seems to give off movement because of the lively and bold marks so these marks appear to be something living, unlike an ammonite.



Blind drawings of the ink mark I did above. Top one was created with marker pen. Bottom one was created with oil bar, I prefer this one as the textures created by the oil bar and the mixture of dark and thick, and light rough marks give the piece movement.


With this piece I wanted to make a bold pattern, I like how each one is slightly different, like every rock.


These remind me of scratches, like marks on walls in prehistoric times, or textures in rocks.









Marks and colours taken from photos of rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment