Saturday 4 February 2012

Knitting with dyed yarns

I have now put my yarns that I had dyed onto cones so I could now knit with them. I chose wool yarns as they are easy to dye but they are quite heavy and thick so I found it quite hard knitting with them. I have now decided I will introduce other yarns that have already been dyed so that it makes it easier to knit with. Because the tones of the colours I had dyed my yarns are quite similar, they dont stand out that well against each other when I was creating knitted patterns. This is another good reason I should use different yarns as you can see the contrast between the colours and textures better. I have now matched other coloured yarns to the colours in my postcard and taken note of them so I can now easily use them in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment