Tuesday 14 February 2012

Experimenting with layers

Now that I have discovered which process is best for me I know how to quickly start new work. I usually start by either using the magic wand or the lasso tools to separate different layers from different images and start layering them up to see which would work well together. I have found that you need a lot of imagery to work from when your using photoshop as you never know what imagery will work well together.
This piece was accidental, the white layer underneath was taken from a pattern on a dress and I wanted the piece to look like the image below, but as I started to rub out some of the flower layer I thought it looked quite nice because of the flow of the image and the intense detail in one space and the rest being bare and clean.
These are two of my favourite pieces because of the warm but calming colours, perfect for interiors in a living room.






No comments:

Post a Comment