Tuesday 14 February 2012

First photoshop work

When we first started the classes we were taught how to create brushes using scanned images of our drawings, I found this interesting but it didn't feel like this was an effective way for me to create my patterns, they felt too simple by themselves. One of my photoshop pieces I created using just brushes:

We were then taught how to use existing photos and images of our work and editing certain parts out of them using the lasso tools and the magic wand, so you can transform them by using different style tools to change the colour and appearance of the image; and also to layer different images on top of each other. I found this process quite hard to learn as there are so many different stages you can go through to do these. The next few images are practices of me using different tools: I also wanted to experiment more with the use of colour with these as I had found a book on colour themes; 'Pattern+Palette2 sourcebook' which gives good colour schemes and explains what feelings these give off, which I thought was a good idea as I wanted to focus my designs on interiors.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment