Friday 4 May 2012

Change of Direction

I decided to experiment creating my own pieces of felt that I could cut into shapes and mould together into a small sample of a wall hanging. Although I liked some of the surfaces I created, a lot of them weren't appropriate to be cut into because of the yarns I felted into them, or because of how thin they were.




Because I was so disappointed in these samples I have decided to experiment with the use of pre-made felt mixed with hand made felt, concentrating more on the shapes I want to create. I also decided that I needed to create a colour scheme for myself so that I just focussed on the shapes and the different ways I am going to create them. I decided on a dark purple and vibrant turquoise as I think they create a good balance of excitement and calming for learning in the new building. While dying per-made fabric I also decided to dye some of my own hand made felt, this didn't work that well as the dye attaches to this felt better than the pre-made so it made it darker than I wanted. The purple went to dark that the yarn I put in turned black and the turquoise worked better but was still a little too dark. 













No comments:

Post a Comment