Wednesday 26 September 2012

Elle Decoration Design Awards- Best Wall Covering

I started looking at winners of the Best Wall Covering category in the Elle Decoration Awards as I thought this would give me some good visual research that is innovative and recent. One of the artists that I liked was Linda Florence, who is inspired by wallpaper that evolves over time becoming more beautiful with wear and tear, artefacts so her work has the same basic idea as mine. I like that her work combines traditional and modern techniques to create her patterns. I also like how sophisticated and modern her patterns look, yet they are inspired by the aged.
Sugar pattern using stencils

Scratch card wallpaper 

Another artist I liked was Laur Meyrieux, who uses fine art images in her work. I like how bold her work is, yet how simple and feminine it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment