Wednesday 26 September 2012

Concept Artists

I found the work of Giles Miller Studio on the Elle Decoration website and liked how varied their surface designs are, for interiors using different materials mostly created into wall tiles.

I also found a lot of interesting pattern designers on 'The Rug Company' website, showing work from designers of all genres of the art industry. One artist I liked was the graphic work of Alexandra Champalimaud, using her experiences with commissions in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America she was inspired to create her collection of prints for The Rug Company.


I think the work that The Designers Guild has done for the rug company is particularly relatable to my project as they appear to be inspired by flock wallpaper designs, traditionally in stately homes.


I also like the designs of Helen Amy Murray because of her inspiration from nature, I also do this a lot. I like her use of relief, I would like to work more with this in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment