Saturday 7 April 2012

London Trip

I have now started doing a commissioned project with Jai Redman artist/ designer who works with The Ultimate Holding Company and is doing work with Unit X at uni, and Robyn Woolston an artist/ film maker. The project is based around the idea of the textiles industry in Whitechapel in London. I wanted this project to run along side my Unit X project so I have decided I wanted to create a calm comforting space in the centre of Whitechapel for people to use. My visit to London was based around Whitechapel and the architecture that could inspire my designs, but I also managed to visit the Whitechapel Art Gallery which was very interesting, including the works on Number 10 Downing Street and the unusual pieces that the workers there had chosen to be displayed inside.








No comments:

Post a Comment