Friday 20 April 2012

Continuing to Experiment

After finding that when latexing over newspaper the ink attaches itself to the latex and creates a kind of print, I decided I wanted to try creating prints from my own photographs. This didn't work as the ink didn't attach itself to the latex, only some of the paper did. But I have decided that I will still use these to draw over the top of.


As I have decided to work in felt, I wanted to start creating a colour palette to work from that would determine the type of colours I will use. When doing research in Special Collections I came across a gorgeous book with paintings of birds by Brian Wildsmith. I have chosen my favourite painting of an owl to take my colour palette from as there is such a wide range of colours to experiment with. I then decided to create some of these colours in the dye lab, using felt as I know this is the material I will be working with. I had to mix quite a few of the colours myself so this was a tester and I know how I would change some of the colours so that they match better to the colour I was aiming for in future.




No comments:

Post a Comment