Monday 2 January 2012

Stitching into monoprints

I found that the ink doesn't dry on some surfaces such as cling film. I decided to stitch into some of the monoprints that didn't work as effectively as I wanted. After starting to use different metallic surfaces when knitting I also wanted to use them in my drawings. I started by using metallic surfaces to monoprint on, I then decided to stitch into these with different metallic threads. I think that mixture of the shiny glossy surface of the paper with the matt texture of the spray paint and the rough dry ink on top makes them look interesting but I am glad that I stitched into them to add more texture. Before stitching I drew on what I wanted to stitch, I think this was a good idea as it lay down an initial colour making the thread stand out more.










No comments:

Post a Comment