Monday 16 January 2012

Introducing colour

I now wanted to develop my project by introducing colour and more repetition into my work as these are the contextual words I chose to focus on. I felt that I had work with monochrome enough so I wanted to start introducing some colour in with the monochrome yarns I have already been using. I chose the colour from my photos I had edited on photoshop and then matched these with yarns. I have also started to add more colour in with my drawings, mixing it with the monochrome colours I was using before, like how I want my knitted pieces to be. I think this has worked very well and has naturally developed into repeating drawings in layers of jewellery.




These are both large scale drawings. I like the one above because of the different metallic surfaces of the smooth paper that I drew on and then the small parts of silver leaf that are cracked.








No comments:

Post a Comment