Monday 21 October 2013

Live Project- Homebase Wallpaper Competition

As part of my live project I decided to do a Homebase Wallpaper competition as it is important to practice working to a brief, follow screen printing production colour constraints and consider scale of image, to create commercial designs because I want to work for print design companies.
     The brief was to create a design for one of their existing collections. I started contextual research looking at Graham & Brown's designs and other mid market wallpaper companies. I decided I wanted to create an animal wallpaper design for their Anthology collection using illustrations from old Darwin style books and in the shape of the motif below by Julien MacDonald, giving old fashioned images a modern twist. This was an ambitious design for me to create as I have never worked with figurative imagery before.


Julien MacDonald. Glimmerous. [Online image][Accessed 18 October 2013] http://www.homeflairdecor.co.uk/brands-16/graham-brown/designer-80/fabulous-by-julien-macdonald




No comments:

Post a Comment