Saturday 9 February 2013

Breaking up the Pattern

I thought that my last pattern worked quite effectively so I decided to use this to create a new print. I decided to break up my bird and paisley pattern and also changing the proportions of the pattern. I found that I had a lot of capacity to experiment with my colour scheme, after experimenting with colour in my last pattern I found that the red and yellow worked the most effectively so I decided to use these the most with my new pattern. I think this print worked very well. I dislike the mixture of the red and yellow together, but I think when one colour is used in different tones to show the different stripes in the pattern this works very effectively, it is less obvious but still draws your attention to the bird and paisley pattern.












No comments:

Post a Comment