Sunday 8 December 2013

Stage 9 Analysis

     As a way to link my high end and mid market range I wanted to take the colours from my mixed media photographs to create colour palette options for my mid market range. I was aware that you need a combination of  bright bold colours and more neutral tones. The second or third down would be best suited as they have some vivid colours that compliment the muted colours.


         I decided the mono- printed shapes could be used individually as prints for my mid- end collection as the qualities in them are interesting enough. The mono-prints I have created already cannot be put into repeat so I am creating designs that can be. A lot of mid- end wallpaper designs are created in half drop repeat and I have found that mono-print designs are more suited to that. The first designs I created looked too mechanical so I looked back at the past designs from my high end collection and decided to use some of the shapes from these. This is also another way of linking the two collections.

One of the first designs in repeat

One of the past designs I have taken inspiration from.


One of the final designs ready to be taken into mono- printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment