Wednesday 30 January 2013

Striped patterns

I have found some interesting contextual references that could inspire my work. I like the simplicity and ordered manner of this piece by Mini Moderns, it reminded me of the archive piece I chose to redesign.


I liked this piece by Wallpaper Republic because of the block and empty shapes, I also like the stripes breaking up the images. I would like to incorporate this into my own work. 


I liked the messiness of this piece by Brennan Burch and how you can make out what they are when you focus on them properly but not at first. I would like to have a go at forming different birds together in a print so you cant tell what they are at first but then after a while of looking you can see what the forms are.


This is another piece by Brennan Burch that I liked because of the bizarre appearance and the flow of the shapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment