Friday 31 January 2014

Stage 12 Analysis

     While developing my Graham & Brown design into a collection I did contextual research looking at other floral design collections with wallpaper companies.  I noticed that the imagery they use is broad and the colour scheme usually binds the designs together, such as in the Designers Guild Amrapali Collection: http://www.designersguild.com/fabric-and-wallpaper-showroom/view-all-collections/amrapali-wallpaper/#.UwC5nvl_tIE    
     I chose to keep the colour palette I originally created for the Graham & Brown brief because this was already appropriate for a floral collection and in the design industry the colour palette is usually the first decision the designer makes. I chose three different colour ways for each design and to create a textured stripe to coordinate with my florals as this is what other wallpaper design companies do.
     I emailed wallpaper companies asking for production costs, ones that replied wished to remain unnamed but informed me that the cost for a roll of wallpaper would average between £4- £7 depending on the type of paint and amount of colours. My designs would be matt paint and because of the minimal amount of colours would only cost around £4 to produce but would sell for between £15 to £25.




No comments:

Post a Comment