Friday 9 November 2012

Screen image

I wanted to create another screen image that was inspired by the lace I saw in the Whitworth Collection, specifically the one with the hidden faces in it.

I decided to use the faces from my past designs in my new design so I decided to use the rams skull as this was a prominent figure around Nostel Priory, the stately home where I did my initial research. I first started by creating my images like lace with the holes, marking those down in black. But once I had finished my design and edited it on photoshop my designs in printing had changed, the backgrounds had become more important in creating the different textures. If I were to use this lace design it would be hard for it to stand out against the textured backgrounds as the dots are so small.


After knowing this I decided I needed to reverse the colours, so when I would be printing with the design, I would have more background to work with and the holes would stay plain. I reworked this on photoshop but the lines became unclean again and would need too much editing which I dont have time for. I have decided to carry on using my spirograph screen design, using different techniques combined, but especially devore', illuminating, manutex and testing the extra materials that were inspired by Norma Starszakowna.





No comments:

Post a Comment